The Liebster Blog Award
The Liebster Blog Award
[/ezcol_1third] [ezcol_2third_end]Hey guys! I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Danyealah of “When Life Gives You Lemons…” and I feel pretty honored! It feels great to feel the support of the blogging community! So these are the questions she’s prepared for me and then I have a couple more questions after my nominations. (Also, I answered a lot of these questions with my journaling in mind and not my blogging because I’ve been doing that so much longer) [/ezcol_2third_end]
1. As a writer, what inspires you?
I feel that experiences inspire me most… My first real enjoyable experience with writing was journaling, so basically recounting my day and reflecting. Now it has become more external and I’m sharing my experiences with my readers and my friends and I’m really enjoying it. We all live for “moments” and I just really like to share them. (I would also like to add that my journaling has been my biggest influence on my blogs writing “style”… Conversational, not-so-perfect-grammar-wise, etc.)
2. What is the absolute craziest thing you have written about? (And if you haven’t yet, what’s the craziest thing you would write about?)
I’ve written some crazy stuff in my journals, haha. When I look back at stuff I wrote when I was 18 and had dreams of being married and getting a job… Man, that couldn’t be farther from what I want today! I can’t wait to see how I feel about what I write today when I’m 28, I’m sure it’ll be a trip.
3. Some people say they see the world in “black and white,” so to speak. How do you see the world? Black and white or color-filled?
I think I’m a very polar person so I tend to look at the world in black and white.
3. Which writer do you admire the most?
Hmm, truthfully, I used to be a really avid reader and that kind of died out during college because of how busy I was… I would say Lois Lowry because “The Giver” was the first book that really sparked my love of reading. I will never forget Mrs. Yellen assigning us that book in 4th grade and the obsessive reading domino effect it created.
4. Which of your hobbies bring you the most joy?
Right now I’m loving photography. I never fully understood the capacity of the camera as a tool until recently and I’m looking forward to learning more. It’s great getting back home and feeling like your images convey a story.
5. Do you believe that love exists?
6. Are you a person that holds a grudge, or do you easily forgive?
I’ll start out with a grudge and then my bad memory will help me forget about what I was angry about in the first place, sometimes to my own detriment.
Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders.
– Friedrich Nietzsche
7. If you could pick one place to travel, where would you go?
Right now I really want to go to the Philippines, its an incredibly beautiful place that people seem to overlook.
8. What is something you find weird about yourself?
A lot of things, haha… But really I’d say I’m really weird when it comes to conversation, I kinda suck at it!
9. Would you describe yourself as an introvert or an extrovert?
It really depends on the situation and the people I am with. With some of my friends I can act crazy, feel super confident and outgoing… In other cases, I’m shy and not very willing to interact. I suppose many people are like this.
10. Which of these means the most to you: loyalty, trust, love, or friendship?
Trust. Trust can make or break any kind of relationship, from friends to lovers. I’ve learned that trust is the backbone, that once broken, is irreparable.
11. Who is the person that you admire most in your life?
Who do I admire most? Hmm, if I were to pick someone who I’ve never met and isn’t alive today I would say Frida Kahlo. I see her as someone who was “unapologetically herself,” which is something I am working on being every day. She would express and come to terms with her feelings and experiences through painting, which is an incredibly outward and permanent embodiment of her particularly bad experiences… and she still wasn’t afraid to share them.
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award!
You can learn more about the award at this link. Here are some of the questions I would like for you to answer! (I stole a couple of these from Danyealah)
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. When you find yourself lost is thought, what were you thinking of?
3. Which is your favorite social media platform, and why?
4. Which of these means the most to you: loyalty, trust, love, or friendship?
5. Favorite quote:
6. If you could live and be healthy without sleeping or eating/drinking, which would you cut out of your life?
7. If you could eliminate one of your five senses to substantially strengthen the others, which one would it be and why?
8. What are your 3 best habits?
9. What do you consider to be your greatest talent?
10. Who is the person that you admire the most in your life?